Thursday, July 29, 2004

Long Time, No Blog

Well, alot has happened since my last entry, and it is time to share. A job prospect I have been working on for months finally came through a couple weeks ago, and I have accepted a position as a Systems Engineer with a software consulting company in Virginia. At first, I will be working in downtown D.C. (just 4 blocks from the White House!), but hope to be transferred out to another project at the Reston office after a few months.

With this turn of events, we have had to abandon our house hunt. I suppose it was fortunate, then, that none of the offers we put in were accepted! We have secured an apartment in Herndon, and are currently working out the details of the move. This is a really great event, since I have been dying to move out of this godforsaken state since 1997!

We have moved over to my wife's parents' house in Windermere temporarily until we make the move. Fortunately we had already packed all our stuff away and put it in storage, so we have already done half the work! The kids are looking forward to living somewhere where it snows, and I am simply looking forward to living somewhere that is not Florida!

I will keep you posted?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home